Friday, February 14, 2014
Launching the Imagination – Principles of Two-Dimensional Design
In chapter three of Launching the Imagination I learned that there are multiple different ways to create a two-dinemsional design. By using methods like grouping, containment, repetition, proximity, continuity, closure two-dimenaional design can have a variety of different outcomes. I think my favorite way to create two-dinensional design is when the artist uses patterns and grids. I really like the way they can come across to the audience. Another important factor I like of the grids and patterns is balance. In the section under balance, the author talks about different types of weight. Between visual, symmetrical, and asymmetrical I like visual the best. I like that the artist can manipulate size, value, type of shape, texture, location and orientation to achieve visual balance. I feel like with visual balance there are a lot more possible outcomes that can be produce. Another thing that I think would be fun to manipulate is proportion and scale of pictures, words and all the other elements within an image. I especially liked figure 3.37 in the textbook because of how much the words and lack of color and images created a completely new image that still gives off a bold message.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment